Easy Eggnog Pie

    EASY






Skip to Ingredients
Skip to Preparation
Skip to Closing


Eggnog is one of those seasonal favorites that ushers in the Holiday Season! Typically, we would take about an ounce of Spiced Rum or Brandy, pour it in a Double Old Fashion, fill with chilled eggnog, give it a good stir and top it off with a dash of ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg! Yum! Nothing better to get those Christmas juices flowing. 

This year I stumbled upon a new little eggnog adventure called #Eggnog Pie. The pic I saw made this little dessert a "must try" on my recipe to do list!

I found the original recipe on one of my favorite blogs called South Your Mouth! Mandy has a lot of tasty recipes and I have tried quite a few over the past several years. Now her pic of #Eggnog Pie is sooo much better than my little attempt, but hey what's a person to do with just a basic iPhone! You should spend a little time and visit South Your Mouth! You just never know what mouth watering morsel you may run across. 

Now Mandy's recipe makes two Eggnog Pies. Since I had never tried #Eggnog Pie I thought it should be reduced by one, if on the off-chance I (and/or we) didn't like the outcome. Naw, that didn't happen! However, I did make a couple of minor tweaks. And this is so EASY to make! All it takes is three simple steps. And it's one of those "make well in advance" desserts! Nothing better than EASY MAKE A-HEAD! Right!

Oh my stars! I almost forgot. I must give a little sprinkling of Eggnog History. The origins and ingredients to make the original eggnog drink continue to be debated to this day. Eggnog made it's way to the English (American) Colonies during the 18th century. After the Revolutionary War, when rum became somewhat scarce, Americans turned to bourbon, as well as other whiskeys to quench their thirst for eggnog. Did you know about the Eggnog Riot of 1826? Did you know that the future Confederate States President Jefferson Davis was involved in the riot? You do now, Click Here: Eggnog Riot!

Enough I say!



Let's Try It!




Ingredients: (makes one pie)


  • 2 c. Eggnog, your favorite
  • 1 box (3.4 oz.) Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding
  • 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
  • 1 graham cracker crust (9 in.)
  • ground cinnamon, optional

Preparation:


1.  Pour instant pudding, nutmeg & eggnog into medium mixing bowl. Mix on low speed with electric mixer for about 2 minutes.






2.   Fold in about 2/3 of the thawed cool whip to combine.









3. Gently pour combined cool whip, eggnog mixture into graham cracker crust. Spread gently and as evenly as possible. Cover pie and chill at least 6 hours, but I found longer is better (I did 8 hours.). Remember a previous little tip I use... remove the paper liner for the plastic pie cover, wash & use to cover/chill your pie. It works perfectly! Serve with  a dollop of the left over cool whip, or a swirl of Reddi Whip on top. Dust with a little more nutmeg or cinnamon!


Well, there you have it! Easy Make A-Head #Eggnog Pie. This works great for a little home entertainment or a neighborhood pot luck. Hey, you can always serve a little snifter of warm brandy to go with it. Enjoy!

Easy Eggnog Pie

Enjoy! WildWSS outta here!







No comments:

Post a Comment